Thursday 30 January 2014

A year of seasons.

I have made it quite clear that from the initial figurine brainstorming that i want to visually represent a year in derry, more to the point my year, after all this is a figurine based on my own memories built up over the year. and i figured the best way to represent a year would be seasons, but how to include a year of seasons?
I developed a few ideas, including having objects representing the season, included on the figurine.
Spring - raindrops
Summer - sunglasses/sun
Autumn - coloured leaf
Winter - a snowman/snowflake
But none of these rally seemed to represent a year, they just made the dress cluttered and less Derry like to me, then whilst coming up with the idea of a sky collage on the face discussed in the previous post, i thought of a season collage, but where? after some brainstorming i realized the figurine was looking quite cluttered, but the hair rather empty.
Another personal memory of mine is actually my hair, ive gone through quite a few colours in my time, which my time in Derry has reminded me is coming to an end, after all nobody wants to hire someone permanently with blue hair etc, so the hair seemed like a good place for the season collage, perhaps a colour to represent each season? or four photos?

Seen in SKETCHBOOK, i settled on the idea of the four photos uv mapped onto the hair, spring to the left and moving across in order to winter on the right, this allowed a different season any way you look at the figurine, and from head on, all four thanks to the hairstyle.
I made spring on the left because it moved across in the way our eyes naturally read/analyze. Which allowed the christmas lights to shine on the winter hair strands, making the festiveness more obvious hopefully? envoking festive/cold/nostalgic emotions/memories.





0 comments:

Post a Comment