Sunday 29 December 2013

Designed, Done and Dusted .... time for the real work to begin....


Above is my final character render, quite cartoony and not exactly how he'll look in the end, but it has the major aspects i wish to include in the 3D Design.



I wanted to upload many more first hand images and even theme boards and such that you havent seen yet, but thanks to my fantastic internet connection for the past while, that seems to be impossible, so i will hopefully get those posted by the final post, as extras and an overall summery.

With or without the extras and the boards, Im hoping you can all see my theme and general direction at this stage before i head onto 3D Max and begin the real work.

I have my solid plan, i know what im doing, but before i get into 3D Studio Max i have just one more stop to make, CLAY MODELLING.... not like last years attempt at clay modelling and sorting the basic geometry, this year im going to actually try do it right .... so dont laugh when you see the finished result.
Ive always wanted to try using the proper modelling clay, ive experimented with claymation in my foundation year, and i attempted using coloured claymation clay last year as youve all likely seen, but ive never gone full out and tried doing it like 3D modelling artists that work in design and animation studios.

So I'll get the polymodelling clay, loads of wire and the oven all ready, and meet you all in the next post.
Wish me luck, this could end badly and the fire brigade may need to be called.

0 comments:

Post a Comment